For immediate release – 15th September 2011
Press Release: Naked art exhibition to be held in Manchester
Artists, naturists and activists are collaborating on mass-nude body-positive art projects for an upcoming exhibition in Manchester on the 26th of September. The exhibition will explore themes of non-sexual nudity, feminism and body positivity.
Pieces of art will be collectively created on the 21st September, between 6pm and 10pm, at Islington Mill, Salford, where members of the public will be invited to strip off to whatever degree they feel comfortable and be drawn, painted and photographed by various artists in a variety of mass-nude poses including, “Body Landscape”, “Tea Party” and others.
The art pieces will then be exhibited at Kraak Gallery, Manchester, on the 26th September between 6pm-11pm, where performance artists and members of the public will stage a public “Naked Tea Party”, with live music and (naked) poetry performances from local artists.
Organiser Jess Bradley said “We are really excited about both the events; mass nudity is a fantastic tool to help normalise nudity and promote positive body image – especially in a society which idealises an unacheivable standard of beauty”.
Notes for the Editor
1. The events are being organised by the collective behind http://www.nakedvegancooking.com in order to highlight issues surrounding body-image in modern day consumer culture.
2. Both events will be filmed for a Channel 4 documentary on young naturists.
3. Media attendance is welcome and encouraged at both events, we have several people willing to be interviewed. We request that no filming or pictures are taken of individuals without their explicit prior consent.
4. Mass naked art creation – Islington Mill, Salford, 6-10pm 21st September. Directions and venue info: http://www.islingtonmill.com/contact.php
5. Exhibition and public naked tea party – Kraak Gallery, Northern Quarter, Manchester, 6pm-10pm 26th September. Directions and venue info: http://kraak.co.uk
Contact: Jess Bradley for interviews and information firstname.lastname@example.org