Photos from “Undress for Dinner #1″ + Mujaddara Recipe

15 Jul

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. We have just moved and still have no internet!

Here are a few photos of us from the Undress for Dinner #1 event at the lovely 8th Day Cafe. We didn’t take many photos of the event as we weren’t organising. We’d like to say a massive thanks to Jez at SANS for organising an amazing event.

IMG_2628

Above: Greta at Undress for Dinner

Below: What Jess had for dinner – spinach/vegetable phyllo bake

IMG_2626

Below: some of the lovely people who turned up.

IMG_2630

Mujaddara

Mujaddara is a delicious and economical dish, made from rice, lentils, and caramelised onions. Our recipe comes from our housemate who picked it up whilst living in Palestine.

This recipe doesnt have much in the way of quantities, you can pretty much make it to meet whatever requirements you have. Some people also add a bit of cumin or stock to the rice, which might be nice if you like that sort of thing. Personally, I think its best with lots of onion.

IMG_2587

Ingredients: onions, lentils (washed and soaked), rice, cumin (optional), stock (optional), salt, olive oil, 1 tsp sugar (optional)

Cut the onions into strips and fry in some olive oil until caramelised, add a teaspoon of sugar if you are impatient / have a sweet tooth. After the onions have fried, place them on a plate and pat dry. Add the rice and lentils to the oil used to fry the onions and add water and bring to the boil. At this point you might like to add stock or cumin. When the rice and lentil mixture is cooked, serve topped with the caramelised onions. Delicious.

Follow us on twitter and facebook, and subscribe to our events mailing list. Fancy submitting a guest post? We would be eternally grateful!

10 Responses to “Photos from “Undress for Dinner #1″ + Mujaddara Recipe”

1. Jeff July 15, 2013 at 4:02 pm #

This is great. Love the food , the recipes, and the nudism. My wife and i host nude dinners and cook outs. We love this lifestyle.

2. Tigerr July 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm #

I enjoy your cooking. It is fun to see so many friends of yours involved in this naked cooking. I want to share some recipes with you because I also cook naked

3. homeclothesfree July 15, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

Reblogged this on home clothes free and commented:
    The food looks great you all look great thanks for sharing

4. Leandro July 21, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

You all are great, amazing, I’m seeing You at GNT Brazil, please keep doing and come to Brazil.. Lol

5. Andrew July 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm #

Wish I was there. Meny years ago when I cooked for the Vegitarian Society’s monthly youth parties I would organise 3 or 4 naturalist Vegitarian parties at my place each year. They were quite popular, I used to draw the line on the invitations at 12 as it seemed a good number.

6. Claudia July 25, 2013 at 10:53 am #

Hi Greta, Jess and Luke!
    Very nice blog, cool stories and pictures..;)
    Like the creativity.

Thx and keep writing!
    Claudia

7. Fiona Stocker, the Apple Island Wife August 1, 2013 at 2:40 am #

Hello guys. I’m just watching a TV program about you which was aired here in Australia the other night. I live in Tasmania, of all places. What you’re doing is wonderful. I love the combination of celebratory cooking, friendships and a way of drawing strength and becoming at ease with yourselves. As a parent to two young children aged 6 and 9 years, if at some point in the future they wanted to do something like this, I’d be totally at ease with it – as long as the people they were joining were as thoughtful and together as you are. Hell fire, I might even cook dinner in the buff myself from time to time.My kids are great admirers of what they call my ‘wiggle bottom’, and I really quite enjoy wandering round the house unclothed from time to time.
    Happy cooking and watch out for the oil in the saute pan.
    Kindest regards,
    Fiona Stocker, Tasmania

8. Ellie August 2, 2013 at 1:14 pm #

Hi lads and ladies, just saw a wonderful doco featuring you guys on Australian TV. My mum and I both thought you all came across as really lovely genuine people. Thanks for sharing what you do, it was really inspiring! I think I’ll get around naked a bit more from now on… Keep up the good work!

9. Katty August 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

Hey Guys I am living in Australia too and saw the documentary which made me smile to see such thoughtful, happy young people trying to be positive and make a change in the world and so genuine. You have stopped and made me think about being naked myself without shame as I sometimes am even when I am home alone. I also love the picture above of the dish, in teh lush grass – very creative! thanks again for spreading your genuineness and positivity

• Katty August 9, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Oh yeah, I am also going to try some of your recipes as I am a vegan/vegetarian and am often forgeting the good recipes and these look YUM