This fantastic guest post comes from Saige. If you want to submit a guest post to naked vegan cooking, send us an email with a picture of you, the food, and the recipe to nakedvegancooking[at]gmail[dot]com. Thanks Saige!
Main Ingredients: 8 oz. dried Pad Thai rice noodles,
- 1/2 cup soft tofu,
- 4 green onions sliced (separate white and green parts),
- 4 cloves garlic minced ,
- 1 tsp. ginger,
- 1 fresh red chili sliced,
- 3-4 baby bok choy heads,
- 2-3 cups bean sprouts,
- 1/3 cup cilantro,
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
For the sauce:
- 3/4 tbsp. tamarind paste,
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock,
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce,
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. chili sauce,
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar,
- 1/8 tsp. ground white pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying,
2-3 Tbsp. vegetable or faux chicken stock,
- Lime wedges for serving
1. Boil pot of water, and cook noodles for approximately 6 minutes, or until soft and drain.
Note: Noodles should be under-cooked because they too will be stir-fried
2. Add pad thai sauce ingredients in a cup, stirring to dissolve the paste and sugar and set aside.
3. Use a frying pan over medium-high heat and add 1-2 tbsp olive oil plus the white parts of the green onion (save the rest for serving), garlic, galangal/ginger, and chili. Stir-fry for about a minute.
4. Add the bok choy and veggie stock. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until bok choy is bright green and softened.
5. Add an additional 1/2 Tbsp. more oil to the center of the pan and add the tofu, stir-fry to scramble.
6. Add the drained noodles and 1/3 of the sauce. Stir-fry everything together 1-2 minutes
7. Keep adding sauce and continue stir-frying in this way 3-6 more minutes, or until sauce is gone and noodles are soft
8. Switch off heat and add the bean sprouts, folding them into the hot noodle
9. Top with green onion (green parts), cilantro, and nuts. Add wedges of fresh-cut lime on the side.