Raw Courgette Lasagne

18 Jan

This gorgeous recipe was sent in by Soph from Raw Nibbles. Raw Nibbles make fantastic raw goodies, chocolates, cakes, breads, and pizzas which they can send you in the post! Awesome. Make sure you check out their shop. Thanks for the guest post, Soph!

rawlasagne9

Ingredients:

Pasta:  250g courgette (peeled)

Tomato Sauce: 6 salad tomatoes,  50g sundried tomatoes,  25g dates,  15ml lemon juice,  1 clove garlic, ½ tbsp. oregano,  ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp onion powder

Mushroom Mince: 250g mushrooms,  15ml tamari soy sauce

Tomato Layer:  3 sliced tomatoes

Pesto Layer (you can cheat and buy vegan pesto if you prefer):  105g pumpkin seeds,  60g fresh basil,  90ml olive oil, 15ml lemon juice, 1 ½ tbsp nutritional yeast,  1 clove garlic, ½ tsp pink crystal salt (or normal salt if you don’t have it)

Garnish: a few olives, parsley

Method:

rawlasagne1

To make the pasta : Finely slice the courgette lengthways using a peeler.
To make the tomato sauce: Add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Tip out into a jug.
To make the muhroom mince:  Add the mushrooms to your food processor and pulse into small mince-like pieces. Add to a jug and stir in the tamari soy sauce.
To make the pesto: Add all of the ingredients to your blender and process into a chunky paste. You may wish to add a little water to it to make it more spreadable for the lasagne.

Putting it together:

rawlasagne2

Place strips of courgette into the bottom of a dish or plate to create a pasta layer. Top with a layer of tomato sauce and a layer of mushroom mince.

rawlasagne3

Add another layer of courgette, followed by pesto and sliced tomato.

rawlasagne4

Add another layer of courgette, tomato sauce and mushroom mince.

rawlasagne5

Add another layer of courgette and some pesto.

rawlasagne6

Add another layer of courgette and some tomato sauce.

rawlasagne7

Add a final layer of courgette. Dice the remaining tomato, slice the olives and add to the top with a sprinkle of parsley.

rawlasagne8

Serve with a few dressed leaves. (This is kale, with a dressing of mustard, balsamic vinegar and xylitol crystals.)

rawlasagne11

Serve naked.

Remember to check out our exciting crumble competition!  Follow us on twitter and facebook, and subscribe to our events mailing list. Fancy submitting a guest post? We would be eternally grateful!

9 Responses to “Raw Courgette Lasagne”

1. homeclothesfree January 18, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

Reblogged this on home clothes free.

2. nors January 24, 2013 at 8:53 am #

Just watched you guys on tv here in nz….. Great,?unique blog!!! Keep it up!!

3. mptynz January 25, 2013 at 6:19 am #

how do you find the courgette/zuchinni pasta? is it as tasty as traditional gluten/wheat pasta?

• radicalrabbit January 28, 2013 at 11:54 am #

sorry for the misunderstanding! the “pasta” is not actually pasta, just regular courgette pretending to be pasta!

• mptynz January 28, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

:D I do understand this … it is just my wife (me by proxy) has been placed on a gluten free lifestyle and “pasta” dishes are my favourite and so I was wondering how this compared to say the gluten filled original … sorry I did not make my understanding and question more clear.

4. hkufuture February 24, 2013 at 6:20 am #

哈,你的网站已经红到了中国了啊哈哈~我在新浪看到了你的网站,当新闻出现了。i come from CHINA and your website now is popular to Chinese people now. knowing your website from SINA,a Chinese site,I come here,your site is reported as a news!congratulations!

5. JAD March 4, 2013 at 3:55 am #

This may seem like a silly question but could you tell me the proper name of that plate the food is on? I always tell people I want those plates used for salad at Mongolian Grill but no one ever knows what I’m talking about!

6. Lee May 1, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

OK guys, Just a little advice its not food related but i just watched you all in a program… My partner wants me to go to a nudist camp… I think i like the idea, well it did not bother me watching the program, i am going to go no matter how nervous i get.
    But do you have any confidence tips, as i’m not small built. maybe i rely on clothes too much! I was just wondering when you see people who are nervous do you have any confidence tips etc… Thanks guys

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Belated Happy 2013! | Raw Nibbles Blog - January 30, 2013

[...] courgette strips, pesto and a lovely tomato sauce. If you wish to view the recipe, you can find it here – but as warned, it contains [...]